Well Done John boosts the professional
development of photographers
> In more than twelve years of experience, we have seen thousands of books and have met hundreds of photographers. We know what makes a portfolio catch the eye of a creative director or a gallerist. We offer you our experience in art buying, our training expertise and our knowledge of the photography industry to help transform your photographic identity.
> We understand the specific challenges photographers face today: the role of social media, video, increasing competition, limited budgets and rapid talent turnover.
> Our goal is to help you improve your work, professionalize your business, gain confidence and pursue your passion.
> Give your portfolio a strong identity
> Find the words to accompany your artistic approach
> Improve your professionalism and profitability
> Make your work known
> Find an agent who will stick with you
Group workshop : 770 € for 2 days – VAT-exempt
1 to 1 workshop : The number of sessions and the program are tailored to the needs of each photographer. Contact us for a preliminary interview.
Professional and semi-professional photographers
Amateurs ready to take their work to the next level.
Photographers must already possess a portfolio.
Laure Bouvet began her career as an art buyer for large advertising agencies such as Young & Rubicam and Fred & Farid. She then managed the art buying department of the agency La Chose for seven years. For more than 10 years, she reviewed thousands of portfolios in selecting artists and photographers for advertising campaigns.
In 2018, she founded Well Done John and continues to work as an art buyer for various advertising agencies, while offering coaching and training services for photographers.
After observing the profound changes in the profession of photography over the last decade (shrinking budgets, the emergence and affirmation of social media, the concept of “royalty-free”, the growing weight of video), Laure chose to focus on photographers, empowering them to thrive in a world marked by new rules.
> Day 1: Assert your identity as a photographer and enter the photo market.
> Day 2: Commissioned work: customer relationship practice.
Nov 22nd to 23rd, 2021
– A maximum of 8 participants will be admitted to the workshop.
– The price of the workshop does not include accommodation, meals, transportation and other living expenses.
– In the case where the participant finances the workshop with the vocational workshop funds, the terms and conditions of the funder’s purchase apply.
– To validate the registration, the participant must return the signed contract within ten days, accompanied by a payment corresponding to 30% of the cost of the workshop.
– The balance is to be paid at the end of the workshop. An invoice will be sent.
– Accessible to persons with disability. Please let us know if you have any specific needs. If we cannot meet your needs, we will direct you to the appropriate organizations.
A laptop computer.
Alternating theoretical training sessions, practical exercises and role-playing situations.
The workshop can take place face-to-face or via zoom and telephone, in groups or individually.
Entrance Questionnaire and Final Certification Panel
Validation of the workshop and assessment of the results: a certificate of completion is delivered to each participant.
– Well Done John reserves the right to cancel the workshop with less than 7 registrants. Participants will be fully refunded or offered an alternative workshop. In case of cancellation, participants will be notified 3 weeks in advance.
– If a participant decides to cancel for any given reason, he or she must confirm this in writing.
– Well Done John will refund the totality of the registration fee minus 100€ for administrative costs, if the participant informs Well Done John at least 3 weeks before the first day of the workshop.
– Beyond this period, Well Done John will charge the following cancellation fees: 50% of the cost if the cancellation occurs between the 20th and the 6th working day before the opening of the workshop, 100% of the cost if it occurs within less than 5 days. Any workshop started and interrupted by the contractor/trainee will be due in full.
– Well Done John is not responsible for reimbursements related to travel expenses in the event that a workshop is cancelled. It is recommended that you purchase refundable tickets and/or travel insurance.
All employees have a right to continuous professional training.
You can also contact the toll-free number 0 800 600 007 of CARIF, a public organization whose mission is to inform employees and job seekers about the law and financing of continuous professional training.